Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shabby Frame

Hello my friends!

How are you on this beautiful day?  Yes, I am in great mood...the weather has been gorgeous and it just makes me smile!!!!

The project I am sharing with you today is for two challenges...

The Shabby Tea Room
Here we have to use aqua, pink, neutrals and flowers











and

 The Ribbon Reel


 Here we have to use something we recycled
on our project.










Here is what I made...


I painted the frame in a light cream.  Then I used Hero Arts flourish stamp in archival galaxy gold ink.

I cut the banner from Pink Paislee London Market paper. The buttons and twine are from Papertrey Ink. The lace trim is from HA. Flowers and gems are from Michaels.

The dressform die is TH Sizzix. Same papers were used.  I made the flowers using TH Sizzix die also.  I followed these instructions HERE....this lady is FABULOUS!!!  The flourish die is from Memory Box. The beautiful seam binding ribbon is from  Debs Simple Treasures.  I used shabby pink distress ink and Tea Rose glimmer mist to color the flower. The center was made with a Mc Gill punch and white leftover fillers. For the cream flower I used Vanill Breeze glimmer mist. The center gem is Recollections. The pins are from Joanns.












Now for The Ribbon Reel...
here is what I recycled...

Can you guess what they are?....
The metal stems to pre-made flowers.  When I use the flower blossom, I save the stem.
Then I can make my own flower buds. Here they are..


I use the TH Sizzix die Tattered Florals ( the same I used for the big pink and cream flowers). I sprayed them with Vanilla Breeze and Old Lace glimmer mist from Tattered Angels.
I'm sorry for the loooong post, but I hope I didn't leave anything out!
Any questions, just ask.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

20 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Michelle!!! This is my all-time favorite project that you have ever created! What amazing attention to detail ... and all your elements fit our color inspiration with flowers challenge to a 'T'! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing creation with us this week in the Tea Room, sweetie :)

Cibele Glazer said...

This frame is absolutely stunning! I love all the little touches.

Lisa said...

So shabby and pretty Michelle! What a lovely project today, thanks for sharing!!

Stella said...

You put it all together in a wonderful way! A banner, the dressform and oh my...the flowers. Gorgeous!

Lin said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I predict a winner!

Pia S said...

What a lovely frame! Those flowers are just gorgeous, and the other elements fit the frame so perfectly. Nice work!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Way to save those stems for making your own buds, Michelle! My craft supplies are bursting at the seams, because I too am saving so many bits and pieces. My hubby just shakes his head at me. LOL

What a pretty, pretty frame, and looove that banner! You used the loveliest papers for that.

Pauline said...

Woooww!! What a stunning frame! I love the pretty flowers you made, they are exquisite, a great use of the flower stems! Gorgeous oft colours,mand love the dress form too.
Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

Marie said...

Oh my goodness, I am speechless. This is over the top exquisite! The LO, the flowers, the glimmer, the dress form all assembled to create a fabulous work of art.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous frame, michelle!! love the flowers you created and all the beautiful details!

Maria said...

Wow...wow!!! I see a winner here, Michelle! A shabby lovely frame you created! That is the prettiest banner I've ever seen! Great recycle idea for tiny flowers!

Brenda said...

This is absolutely and totally beautiful Michelle! I love those flowers!

Rebekah said...

So much attention to detail.. very vintage and shabby. Gorgeous flowers.
Glad to have you play along with us again this week at TSTR!

Ros said...

MIchelle this is one of the nicest frames I have ever seen ... Beautifully done and your flowers are stunning!!
You are so talented

Julie said...

A beautiful piece of work

Lidka said...

Przepiękne:)

Keilly said...

Wow, this is beautiful Michelle, just love this frame. How clever re-using the wire stems and creating your own flowers (I always throw mine away!). Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Starr said...

Congratulations on winning this week's challene! Your project is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room!
Starr

Tracey said...

Michelle...your frame is absolutely gorgeous. I love your flower buds...every thing is so pretty.
Congratulations on your win at TSTR:)

purple_pea_fran said...

Stunning! This is just so pretty! Thanks for joining The Ribbon Reel challenge!